hikercentralsearch camps
US Campgrounds > Colorado > Pitkin County > Maroon Lake

nearby attractionsamenitiesmapcontact infoform


Maroon Lake, Colorado


Custom Search

Picnic and Barbecue area is available

Activities: fishing, hiking and horseback riding

You've gotta get out, and Maroon Lake in Colorado is such a glorious place.
There is so much exciting stuff close to Maroon Lake, and if you're trying to locate a glorious place to go for a camping trip, this is a good selection. The obliging operators of the campground and all the good passtime activities are incentive enough to come here.
So many local attractions and such a good variety of outdoors recreation are good incentives to come. This section of Colorado has a glorious deal of outdoors activities
    at your disposal.
If you love the outdoors, you won’t be let down; there's fishing, whitewater paddling, hiking, swimming, and playing golf, so you won’t run out of things to do.
Aspen Highlands is a good ski resort, everyone
 enjoys it. 48% of the slopes are intermediate or beginner and appropriate for children and learners. The rest of the 790 acres of ski terrain, 52%, consists of demanding slopes. Nearby Aspen Highlands is a ski resort in possession of a good 3,635-foot altitude difference. Aspen Highlands has 131 slopes and 4 different ski lifts and obtains 25 feet of white snow per year. The 2,030-foot drop from top to bottom at nearby ski hill Buttermilk is great; it has 41 ski runs blanketed by 17 feet of snow annually, served by 7 ski lifts. Buttermilk is esteemed by skiers; it has 74% green and blue ski runs and 26% advanced and expert ski runs. A total of 429 acres of skiing land in all. The 0.75-mile-long  
Gothic Bridge to above Stupid Falls portion is a type IV portion of whitewater on East River. If you hold a little bit of kayak paddling practice, this stretch of East River could be a wonderful stretch for your skill.  

Laurelwood Condominiums, Snowmass Village

5 miles away
Timberline Condominiums, Snowmass Village

6 miles away
Wildwood Snowmass Hotel, Snowmass Village

6 miles away
Snowmass Mountain Chalet, Snowmass Village

6 miles away

Other campgrounds near Maroon Lake, Colorado:

   Maroon Lake Campground, Pitkin County, 0 miles away
   Maroon Portal, Snowmass Village, 1 miles away
   East Maroon Portal Campground, Pitkin County, 1 miles away
   Crater Lake, Snowmass Village, 2 miles away
   West Maroon Portal Campground, Pitkin County, 3 miles away
   Maroon Creek Campground 4, Pitkin County, 3 miles away
   Silver Queen, Snowmass Village, 3 miles away
   Silver Bell, Aspen, 4 miles away
   Maroon Creek Campground 3, Pitkin County, 4 miles away
   Silver Bar, Aspen, 4 miles away

Paddling Rivers Near Maroon Lake, Colorado:

   Whitewater Outfitter - Blazing Adventures, Pitkin County, 6 miles away
      Whitewater outfitter

   East River, Gunnison County, 9 miles away
      Class IV - 0.75 miles long (Gothic Bridge to above Stupid Falls)

   Roaring Fork, Pitkin County, 9 miles away
      Class IV-V - 4.5 miles long (Aspen to Upper Woody Creek Bridge)

   Whitewater Outfitter - Aspen Whitewater Rafting, Pitkin County, 10 miles away
      Whitewater outfitter

   Roaring Fork, Pitkin County, 10 miles away
      Class IV+ - 2 miles long (Aspen Music School to Slaughterhouse Bridge)

Public Lands near Maroon Lake, Colorado:

   Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park, Gunnison - CO, 42 miles away
   Curecanti National Recreation Area, Gunnison - CO, 42 miles away
   Sylvan State Park, Colorado, 25 miles away

   Gunnison National Forest, Colorado, 27 miles away

   Paonia State Park, Colorado, 29 miles away

   White River National Forest, Colorado, 30 miles away

Trails near Maroon Lake, Colorado:

   Trail Riders Trail, Gunnison County, 7 miles away

   Granite Basin Trail, Gunnison County, 18 miles away

   Blue Creek Trail, Eagle County, 19 miles away

Golf Courses Near Maroon Lake, Colorado:

   Snowmass Golf Course, Snowmass Village, 7 miles away

   Maroon Creek Club, Aspen, 8 miles away

   Aspen Golf & Tennis Club, Aspen, 9 miles away

   Centerline Golf, Aspen, 10 miles away

   Crested Butte Country Club, Crested Butte, 13 miles away

Lakes Near Maroon Lake, Colorado:

   Geneva Lake, Gunnison County, 9 miles away

   Warren Lake, Pitkin County, 14 miles away

Current weather conditions at Maroon Lake, Colorado

Local climate location: TWIN LAKES RESERVOIR 18 miles away

Outdoors Recreation Near Edwards, Colorado
Outdoors recreation in the vicinity of Edwards, Colorado, the metro area neareast to Maroon Lake. Find info on campgrounds, marinas, hiking trails, ski resorts, lakes, beaches, parks, whitewater, golf courses and more.

  Colorado Campgrounds
Complete list of all campgrounds in Colorado

Pitkin County Campgrounds
Complete list of all campgrounds in Pitkin County

Books about campgrounds in Colorado
List of books available on Amazon.com about campgrounds in Colorado.

Copyright © Stratus-Pikpuk, Inc.