hikercentralsearch camps
US Campgrounds > Montana > Pondera County > Elko

nearby attractionsamenitiesmapcontact infoform

 
 
 

Elko, Lewis Range, Montana

   

Custom Search

 
AMENITIES:
Fishing
Cabins
Restrooms
Store
Picnic and Barbecue area is available

Activities: fishing, hiking and horseback riding

Needless to say there are restrooms here. Elko is one of the places to camp here in the Lewis Range. It's just not possible to run out of cool stuff to do near Elko; it is a fun spot for everybody.
Such a glorious selection of attractions and all the outdoors recreation are certain to keep you coming back again and again.
We should all go for a weekend of camping every now and then, and Elko, Montana is a good spot for getting out. The caring operators of the campground and the tremendous multitude
 
    of fun activities beat anything.
Some activities here at Elko are whitewater paddling, and hiking, so probably you want to stay for a while. If you are in Montana during camping season, you ought to go camping.
Teton Pass
 is a tremendous ski hill, everybody enjoys it. 70% of the slopes are green and blue and well suited for young ones and beginners. The rest of the 114 acres of terrain, 30%, consists of advanced and expert slopes. Teton Pass, the close by ski hill has an elevation difference of 1,010 feet; this ski hill has 2 great ski lifts, and 21 feet of ice cold snow annually covering its 26 slopes. Going for a hike along the South Fork Teton-Blacktail National Recreation Trail will let you absorb the natural beauty of this vicinity. The top of Cave Mountain is easily made out from Elko. Hiking along the West Fork Jones Creek National Recreation Trail is splendid fun; getting to Waldron Creek from Elko is  
simple. This campground has so many exciting things to offer. The slopes of Teton Pass are so inviting noone can resist, and on a great day you can take a hike along the Bowl Divide Trail.  

Holiday Inn Express & Suites BROWNING, Browning

36 miles away
  
Super 8 Cut Bank, Cut Bank

44 miles away
  
Glacier Gateway Plaza, Cut Bank

45 miles away
  
Glacier Gateway Inn, Cut Bank

45 miles away


Other campgrounds near Elko, Lewis Range, Montana:

   Cave Mountain Campground, Teton County, 3 miles away
      
   Green Gulch Dispersed, Dupuyer, 3 miles away
      
   Scenic Waterfalls Campground, Teton County, 3 miles away
      
   Mill Falls, Dupuyer, 3 miles away
      
   West Fork Campground, Teton County, 4 miles away
      
   Pondera County Park - Swift Dam, Heart Butte, 14 miles away
      
   Home Gulch Campground, Lewis and Clark County, 14 miles away
      
   Sun Canyon, Augusta, 14 miles away
      
   Mortimer Gulch Campground, Teton County, 14 miles away
      
   Lewis and Clark - Mortimer Gulch, Augusta, 15 miles away
      

Paddling Rivers Near Elko, Lewis Range, Montana:

   Dearborn River, -blank- County, 26 miles away
      Class III-V(V+) - 4 miles long (Upper)


Trails near Elko, Lewis Range, Montana:

   West Fork Jones Creek National Recreation Trail, Teton County, 1 miles away

   Jones Creek National Recreation Trail, Teton County, 2 miles away

   South Fork Teton-Blacktail National Recreation Trail, Teton County, 9 miles away

   Mortimer Gulch National Recreation Trail, Teton County, 13 miles away

   Bowl Divide Trail, Flathead County, 19 miles away


Current weather conditions at Elko, Lewis Range, Montana
WXPort

Local climate location: BROWNING 26 miles away


Outdoors Recreation Near Helena, Montana
Outdoors recreation in the vicinity of Helena, Montana, the metro area neareast to Elko. Find info on campgrounds, marinas, hiking trails, ski resorts, lakes, beaches, parks, whitewater, golf courses and more.

OTHER_INFO
  Montana Campgrounds
Complete list of all campgrounds in Montana

Pondera County Campgrounds
Complete list of all campgrounds in Pondera County

Books about campgrounds in Montana
List of books available on Amazon.com about campgrounds in Montana.
 

Copyright © Stratus-Pikpuk, Inc.